Friday 31 July 2015

Healthy banana and carrot cake cupcakes

So I've only got two weeks until my holidays and I'm not feeling particularly bikini ready, however these are lovely for a healthier desert substitute! I have a lot of spare carrots so decided to use them up and make a carrot cake, but as I'm being healthy I thought i'd use the hairy bikers healthy recipe, however I decided to change it to better suit the ingredients I have in my house and my personal tastes! Enjoy they, taste great...





 Ingredients 
2 carrots (grated)
1 Banana 
100 ml of extra virgin olive oil (the original said sunflower but I didn't have any and they worked fine so I would say either!)
100 g of soft brown sugar

200g self raising flour
2 tbsp of vanilla essence 
3 large eggs 

Method 
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees 
Beat the eggs in a bowl and add in the oil and flower 
3. Mash the banana (I usually do this with the back of a fork!), the add to the mix
4. Put in the carrots, vanilla and other spices you wish, cinnamon or nutmeg would work well, oh and nuts would be nice too if that's your thing!
5. Pop in the over for 15-20 minutes until they are golden and brown!
6. For decoration I sprinkled mine with icing sugar and nuts, so feel free to decorate however!
7. Eat them! 

Carly
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Carly fell down the rabbit hole Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design